Our primary function, in accordance with our mandate as stipulated under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017, is to test raw and semi processed materials, and finished products in order to assess their conformity to the minimum requirements of set standards and in accordance to good manufacturing practices.
ZABS Laboratories are fitted with modern equipment and are handled by highly competent and qualified staff.
The ZABS testing services department implements a quality management system based on International Standards.
All our laboratory operations are implemented in line with the requirements of the ISO standards. Our Laboratories test methods are independently assessed and are accredited to the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard by the Southern African Development Community Accreditation Services (SADCAS). This means that the Laboratory test results produced by ZABS are internationally recognized.
Our testing services are available at affordable rates to a wide range of clientele including.
- Extractive industries such as Mines for raw and semi processed materials and final products, and environmental samples
- Energy and petroleum companies,
- Construction companies for construction materials,
- Textiles, packaging, footwear, and paints companies,
- Agricultural products, and
- All manufacturers and producers of food and non-food products (both Large companies & SMEs)
- Mining (Geological, Concentrates Copper Cathodes) and Soil Samples
- Waste and Environmental Samples
- Petroleum products
- Paints, Varnishes and Inks, Solvents and Adhesives
- Concrete and Concrete Blocks
- Packaging materials, Footwear and Textile Materials
- Electrical Cables and Household Electrical appliances
- Food, Water, Beverages, Milk and Meat products
- Animal feeds and many more
- Minerals Laboratory
- Civils and Construction Material Laboratory
- Petroleum (Fuels) Laboratory
- Electrical Testing Laboratory
- Paint Testing laboratory
- General Chemistry Laboratories
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Condom and Latex Gloves Testing laboratory
- Chromatography Laboratory